HT Estates - - HTESTATES - Su­nil Tyagi

I gifted my son a flat in Delhi last year. Now, I want to can­cel this and gift the flat to my grand­son.

- Su­mit Khanna As per the ap­pli­ca­ble law, if the gift to your son was un­con­di­tional in na­ture, the gift can­not be re­voked ei­ther wholly or par­tially at your will. Your son may gift the flat to your grand­son if he wants.

I got pos­ses­sion of my flat in a hous­ing pro­ject re­cently, which I had booked in 2012. How­ever, the car­pet area of the flat is less than what was promised when I booked the unit. The builder has charged me an ad­di­tional amount for the area that has been in­creased. What le­gal re­course do I have?

- Sandhya Shah

Since you have been charged for the ad­di­tional car­pet area of the flat, you may seek a re­fund of the dif­fer­ence (be­tween cost of car­pet area pur­chased and car­pet area ac­tu­ally de­liv­ered) from the developer. In case the developer fails to make the pay­ment, you may approach the court under whose ju­ris­dic­tion this hous­ing pro­ject is lo­cated, to seek re­dres­sal.


Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.