HT Estates - - HTESTATES - Harsh Roongta

My son and I are joint own­ers of an apart­ment. I wish to gift my share in this flat in favour of my daugh­ter but my son is not happy with this ar­range­ment as he wants to take a mort­gage on the en­tire flat. Be­ing a joint owner, can he raise an ob­jec­tion to my gift?

– Sa­hade­van Firstly, be­ing a joint owner of this flat, you are legally en­ti­tled to gift your share in this prop­erty in favour of any in­di­vid­ual you choose. Se­condly, your son can­not cre­ate a mort­gage on the en­tire flat as he is only a part owner of the prop­erty.

I booked an under-con­struc­tion flat in 2014 where the builder was sell­ing the pro­ject under a par­tic­u­lar name. Now the builder is sell­ing flats in the same pro­ject under a dif­fer­ent name. Since all the doc­u­ments ex­e­cuted by the builder in my favour are under the pro­ject’s ear­lier name, does such a change

I have given my house on lease to an in­di­vid­ual. How­ever, he has now fur-

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.