Riddhi Vyas empowers you with simple home remedies to stay healthy and fit.
Swine flu in the air? Fear not. You can try these simple Ayurvedic home remedies which are proven to keep swine flu at bay:
1. Consume five to six thoroughly washed tulsi (holy basil) leaves early in the morning on an empty stomach. This keeps the lungs and throat clear of infection and helps strengthen immunity.
2. Regularly consuming turmeric milk is a great way to keep colds and coughs away as turmeric has strong antiseptic properties. 3. Giloi ( tinospora cordifolia) is effective in strengthening immunity.
4. Consuming two garlic pods with a glass of lukewarm water in the morning is a great way to build immunity.
5. Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, amla etc are high in vitamin C and a great way to prevent colds.
6. Pranayam exercises like kapalbhati and anulom vilom strengthen the respiratory system and are beneficial in keeping the body fortified against illnesses like swine flu.