ASIAN FISH CURRY
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, sliced
Green parts of 4 young leeks or 2 stalks spring onion greens, finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
¼ fresh red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 one-inch pieces fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
10 cherry tomatoes, roughly quartered
1 stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
165 gm coconut milk
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
A pinch of sugar Salt to taste Black pepper powder to taste
A dash of fish sauce (optional)
400 gm white fish, cut into small chunks or a mix of white fish and prawns
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1. Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté gently till light brown. Add spring onion greens and sauté till soft, but not discoloured.
2. Add coriander and cumin powders, red chilli, turmeric powder and ginger. Sauté gently for a minute.
3. Add tomatoes, lemongrass, coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves. Mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper powder. Add fish sauce. If your curry needs a little more liquid, add a little water.
5. Add fish and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the fish is done.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.