Sublime Nature Trends
Sublime Nature celebrates the visual energy and lush appeal of wildlife, looking at how plant life informs shape and surface. Couture-like creations borrow fluid forms and embellishments from flowers and tropical foliage. Nature is alluring and adopting spiritual, entertaining and ironic tones defines Sublime Nature. Traditional ideas on nature, ecology and sustainability are given an overhaul as nature tells us it is part of technology, design and youth culture. Nature is even sexy as dark, tropical botanicals increasingly make their way into fashion editorials. Emergence of contemporary nature is seen styling with mixes of unusual floral motifs to create a feast of natural colours, shapes, and textures, while tapping into the innate beauty of natural forms with an unusual energy . The fashion quotient is driven by a rich combination of tropical prints mixed with dark tones for men and delicate free form petals with romantic filigrees in subtle tones in flowing fabrics for women
The key aesthetic design directions inspiring this trend are:
• Enveloping love
• Inspired by the shape of nature
Design hooks adapted from the Trend – Sublime Nature
• Modern Florals – Mirrors complex multi-dimensional structures and reflect and distort nature in a good way. Highly polished platinum surfaces reflect, distort and combine with natural forms. Unique versions of botanicals like ‘plant fictions’ offer alternative floral ideas with organic shapes, molten curves, and nature-generated form. • Dramatic Nature -- Explores the space between nature and technology with big, dramatic florals that play with proportional expectations.
• Cool Plants – Jewellery designs in bold forms, quirky, expressive, eccentric and textural shapes – much like what is happening in print and pattern.
• Entwined - Draw inspiration from living nature, with plantlike tendrils, vines and roots enveloping surfaces.
• Tendrils - Surfaces also come alive with tendrils - curled ribbons of platinum cocooning or wrapping themselves into a web of fine roots creating a natural, embossed texture.
• Garlands - Fragile and feminine garlands giving an appearance of almost real florals made in platinum.