Odisha CM announces special relief for victims
CHIEF minister Naveen Patnaik Saturday announced a special package for Ganjam, Gajapati and Rayagada, the worst hit districts in the cyclone Titli and subsequent floods, even as the State Government launched massive relief and restoration measures in the affected regions.
The Chief Minister, who made an aerial survey of the three districts in the morning, set a 48-hour deadline for restoration of connectivity, power and water supply in all the affected parts.
He announced that all affected families of Ganjam, Gajapati and Gunupur sub-division of Rayagada district will be given relief 15 days. “On an average a family of four members will be assisted with more than `3000 as relief. This will be `60 per adult and `45 per child per day,” he said after reviewing the situation at the State Secretariat.
“Electricity supply to 90 percent of affected areas will be ensured in next 48 hours and the remaining 10 percent.”