Five of family burnt alive in blaze at home
In a tragic incident, five members of a family were burnt alive after a major fire broke out at their residence in Vidyanagar in Jaipur in the wee hours of Saturday. The exact reason behind the incident has not been ascertained however, it is suspected that a short circuit sparked fire causing blast in two LPG cylinders.
The incident took place at 4: 00 am when people where inside the house in Sector- 9 of Vidyadhar which caught fire. Though the owner of house and his wife was away in Agra, but his 70year- old father, three children and a relative were burn alive. Two boys including son of the owner of the house and his cousin said to have died from asphyxiation.
The house belongs to Sanjeev Garg who along with his wife was in Agra at the time of incident. They left for Jaipur after they were informed about the tragedy. His father, Mahendra Garg – an iron trader, Mahendra’s two granddaughters Apurva and Arpita, one grandson and a nephew were killed in the fire, police officials said.