Re­cov­ery to Boost Multi-sec­tor Fo­cus

Birla Sun Life Eq­uity Fund

The Economic Times - - Smart - PORT­FO­LIO CHANGE IN THE PAST SIX MONTHS

Mar­kets are at an in­flec­tion point. Ex­pec­ta­tions of a good mon­soon are gath­er­ing strength. Ru­ral econ­omy, which has been grow­ing slowly, is gain­ing some mo­men­tum. Be­sides, there is an im­pend­ing ur­ban re­cov­ery. At this junc­ture, it makes sense to look at schemes which in­vest in com­pa­nies across mar­ket cap­i­tal­i­sa­tion and which also have at­trac­tive per­for­mance. One such scheme is Birla Sun Life Eq­uity Fund. It is a flexi-cap scheme where the fund man­ager Anil Shah in­vests in di­ver­si­fied sec­tors. Since it is multi-sec­tor fo­cussed, the scheme which em­ploys top­down ap­proach in se­lect­ing stocks has been able to beat its peers and bench­mark BSE 200 by a wide mar­gin. Also, with the econ­omy do­ing well, com­pa­nies across m-cap will see en­hanced earn­ings, which will boost the per­for­mance of the scheme in the long run.

At present, the scheme has bought stocks of com­pa­nies which have com­pleted their cap­i­tal ex­pen­di­ture and are likely to reap ben­e­fits. A few prom­i­nent com­pa­nies which have been bought by the fund man­ager are Dish­man Pharma, Tata Chem­i­cals, Hero Moto, and Maruti Suzuki. In terms of com­po­si­tion, the scheme has 65% large-sized com­pa­nies and the rest 35% in mid-sized.

Aurobindo Pharma

Com­plete Ex­its

Asian Paints

ICICI Bank

New En­trants

In­crease in Al­lo­ca­tion

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.