BCCI Drops $42m Aborted Windies Tour Claim
India’s cricket board has dropped a $42 million damages claim against the West Indies over an abandoned tour in 2014 after the new World Twenty20 champions agreed to return next year, a report said Friday. The huge damages claim lodged by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had threatened to cripple its cashstrapped West Indies counterpart which has long been at loggerheads with its own players. BCCI president Shashank Manohar said the decision to waive the claim, filed by his predecessor N Srinivasan’s regime, had been made after the West Indies agreed to fulfil their original commitments. A schedule for the tournament is expected to be finalised next month.