Use Form ITR-2 for In­come from Salary, Cap­i­tal Gains

The Economic Times - - Money -

I ac­quired 1,000 shares of X Pvt Ltd in the fi­nan­cial year 2014-15. X Pvt Ltd merged with Y Ltd listed on the BSE. The scheme of the merger was ap­proved by the Bom­bay High Court and the SEBI. I was al­lot­ted 200 shares of Y Ltd against my hold­ing of 1,000 shares of X Pvt Ltd. My cost of ac­qui­si­tion of 1,000 shares was ₹ 10,000. I have sold 200 shares of Y Ltd on the ex­change for ₹ 2.5 lakh in the month of July 2017. I had not paid STT on ac­qui­si­tion of my shares of X Pvt Ltd. Whether I have to pay any cap­i­tal gains tax on sale of shares of 200 shares of Y Ltd? — RO­HIT IYER, CHEN­NAI For a salaried per­son like me what form will be used (i.e.,ITR 2/3/4), if there is in­come from cap­i­tal gains. Can we e-file the ITR? Check­ing google, I gath­ered I should file ITR 2. But on choos­ing e-fil­ing op­tion, it shows ITR 1 and ITR 4. — HARSH

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from India

© PressReader. All rights reserved.