Flipkart App Crosses 100-m Downloads
Bengaluru: Flipkart mobile application crossed the 100 million downloads milestone on Google Play Store, making it the first ecommerce app in the country to accomplish this feat, said the company on Friday. While the experience is consistent across desktop and mobile, 90% of the traffic comes from the Android app, while the remaining 10% from the desktop website.
On the other hand, 70% of the new users, which constitute customers from tier II, III towns are coming from the website’s mobile variant Flipkart Lite, which works on low bandwidth and within areas of less connectivity.
App has experienced an organic month-on-month since 2016, managed to double its downloads over the last 20 months, said Amar Nagaram, vice president of engineering at Flipkart.