Family gets trapped in blaze, escapes narrowly
New Delhi: A family of five had a narrow escape when they got trapped inside their house in a fire incident in northwest Delhi’s Swaroop Nagar during the early hours of Thursday. The locals and firemen rescued the trapped people by putting mattresses in the adjacent lane to allow them to jump from the third floor of the burning building.
Delhi Fire Service (DFS) officials said that that the incident was reported at 12.04am and at least 10 fire tenders were sent, who doused the fire in 30 minutes.
A preliminary probe revealed that the incident happened at a three-storey building on Dharmshala Road in Swaroop Nagar. The ground floor has shops whereas people live in the floors above.
The blaze initially sparked off from inside the shop due to short-circuit in the meter board and soon spread to the items inside.