The British influence
By 1824 Malacca had once again changed hands and was in the possession of the East India Company. Right in front of Christ Church stands the very elegant Queen Victoria Fountain. The marble fountain was built in 1904 to commemorate the queen’s Diamond Jubilee. It is one of the last surviving vestiges of the British rule in Malacca.
The area buzzes with tourists, flanked by Stadthuys on one side and Christ Church on the other, providing a cool respite from the heat of the sun. Trishaws buzz around the area provides colour and quaintness.
The Queen Victoria Fountain at the Red Square.