Snappy dos and don’ts to spruce up your look
• MIND THE HEIGHT Remember that longer shorts create the effect of shorter legs, while short shorts make your legs appear longer, giving the impression of height.
• COLOR-BLOCK If you want to have a bit of fun with your wardrobe, pair brightly hued shorts with equally bright tops of a contrasting color to create a stylish combination.
• TUCK-IT IN (FOR LOW-WAISTED SHORTS ONLY If you’re wearing low-waisted shorts, tuck your shirt in to raise your waistline and elongate your stomach.
• WEAR PRINTS FROM HEAD TO TOE Patterned shorts should never, ever be worn with a matching top. While it may look great on the runway, it can come off as freaky on the streets.
• WEAR WHITE SOCKS Picking the right pair of socks to go with your short can be the key to a perfect look, but pulled-up white socks is a definite no-no.
• SHOW UP FOR WORK WITH ONE Unless you work in the creative part of the fashion industry or on the beach, wearing shorts on the job is more than just a huge fashion faux-pas.
Be the envy of fellow commuters in this polished look: Summer
shorts over leggings, then let it blend in with a pair of sneakers. T-shirt by Paul Smith, tank top by La Perla, shirts by Gucci, bracelets by Thomas Sabo, bag by Armani Exchange, shoes by Pedro