Chocolate Banana Rum Cake
• 1 x 18.5 oz dark chocolate cake mix
• 1/8 tsp baking soda
• 2/3 cup dark rum
• 2/3 cup water
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium-sized)
• 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts • Rum Frosting (recipe follows)
Banana slices dipped in lemon juice (optional, for garnish)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
• Combine all ingredients for the cake batter in large bowl. Blend well, then beat in a mixer at medium speed for 2 to 4 minutes. Turn into pans.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake
is done. Cool completely.
• Frost cooled cake with Rum Frosting.
If desired, decorate with banana slices that have been dipped in lemon juice to prevent browning.
• 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened • 3 cups icing sugar
• 3 tsp vanilla
• 3 tbsp dark rum
• Combine butter and icing sugar.
Blend thoroughly. Stir in vanilla and rum. Beat till smooth.