Wok-Fried Diced Beef Tenderloin
With Sliced Garlic in Black Pepper Sauce
800g diced beef tenderloin 2½tsp Maggie seasoning ½tsp corn starch
10ml vegetable oil
100g sliced garlic
200g diced eggplant
30g minced garlic
30g minced shallots
30g crushed black pepper 1tbs oyster sauce 5g chicken powder 10ml water
100g diced onions
100g diced yellow pepper
50g spring onions
10g potato starch in 20ml water 20ml Hua Tiao wine
1. Season beef tenderloin with 2tsp Maggie seasoning and corn starch for 30 minutes.
2. Add oil to a heated wok, deep fry sliced garlic and eggplant until golden brown.
3. Add marinated beef tenderloin and sear until medium rare. Remove and set aside.
4. Add butter to heated wok and sauté minced garlic and shallots until fragrant. Add crushed black pepper, oyster sauce, chicken powder, remaining Maggie seasoning and water.
5. Sauté reserved beef tenderloin with onions, yellow pepper and spring onions in black pepper sauce.
6. Thicken sauce with potato starch water. 7. Mix in Hua Tiao wine before plating.