Beauty Tips for Brides
Look your best on your big day by following these simple tips and tricks
How do I avoid bags under my eyes on the big day? Avoid rubbing your eyes, get enough sleep and do not drink too much water the night before. How can I give a boost to my limp, thin hair? Just use hot rollers on the day of the event. Divide your hair into eight sections. Starting at the roots, twist each section before you wrap it around a roller. Leave rollers in for 30 minutes, then gently brush out the curls with your fingers, being careful not to stretch the hair or it will lose its bounce. Your limp hair has now been transformed into sexy waves. What can I do to manage my unmanageable hair? The day before your event soak your hair in warm water, apply a deep conditioning mask, then wrap hair in aluminium foil. Leave for 30 minutes and then remove the foil. Your hair will feel smoother and will be more manageable when styling. How can I really bring out the colour of my hair? The day before you go to the salon or you want to colour your hair at home, apply a mixture of one cup of baby shampoo and two tablespoons of baking soda. Leave it for five minutes and rinse thoroughly. I want great looking nails but don’t have time to go to the salon for a manicure. What can I do? Sally Hansen Diamond Radiance Hand & Cuticle Polish can be used in combination with the hand scrub from L’Occitane. Cut and trim your nails, gentry rub in the hand scrub and apply the Diamond Radiance Hand & Cuticle Polish. Massage a small dab gently onto each cuticle and hand for about 60 seconds, then wash your hands and pat dry. Paint your nails for the final touch and it will look like you went to the pros for a manicure. How do you get rid of dry lips before applying lipstick? Gently scrub your lips with face scrub, rinse with warm water and wipe slowly. Use a lip balm, wait for a minute and apply your lipstick, not forgetting to add lip-gloss to make your lips look fuller. My breasts are kind of small. How can I make them look bigger?
• Wear a detailed top that flatters and complements your breasts. A dress with gathered details on top or ruffles will create the appearance of fuller breasts.
• Invest in a good quality push-up bra, making sure you get the right size.
• Look for something in Lycra because it will create a more feminine shape. • A halter dress works best rather than a
• A boat neck or rounded neck will make your bust line look bigger.
• Last but not least, silicon insertion padding will always work to enhance cleavage. Corset vs. Bustier Most people know the corset and bustier are devices to help women get an amazing hourglass shape. However, they are slightly different.
• A corset is designed to rein in the body. It can be worn for many hours and can be used to waist-train, which is shaping the body into an hourglass figure.
• A bustier is designed to rein in your body only while it is being worn. The body will return to its regular shape as soon as the bustier is removed.
• Unlike bustiers, it is recommended that you check with your doctor before wearing a corset.
• Unlike corsets, bustiers are not made to be tightened too much.
• Bustiers are easier to wear, while with a corset, you need assistance just to tighten it.