This Week in History
October 2, 1998
About 10,000 Turkish soldiers crossed into northern Iraq and attacked Kurdish fighters.
October 9, 1990
- Kurdish Famous writer and poet, Kakay Fallah, passed away in October 9, 1990. - World Post Day marks the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union's establishment and is annually held on October 9. The union aimed to create and maintain a structure for the free flow of international mail around the world.
October 10, 1993
- Kurdistan Parliament passed the Political Party bill in October 10, 1993.
October 11, 2000
- Kurdish Cultural Festival was held in South Korea and Ribad Artistic team from Duhok participated in the event in October 11, 2000.
October 12, 1926
- The first issue of Kirkuk Newspaper was published in October 12, 1926. - The Italian explorer, navigator, and colonizer, Christopher Columbus, discovered America in 12 October 1492.
October 13, 1792
- The foundation stone for White House in the United States of America was laid in October 13, 1792.
October 14, 1927
- The U.K. Army forces discovered gas in Baba Gur Gur field for the first time in October 14, 1927. -Egyptian President, Mohammed Husni Mubarak received Kurdistan President, Masoud Barzani in Cairo in October 14, 2003.