Car bursts into flames
A MAN driving a car down the Southern Cross Road on Monday night got a shock when thick smoke started pouring from the engine.
He pulled over to investigate and by the time he got out of the car it had burst in to flames. He called the emergency services and members of Bray Fire Brigade arrived promptly to extinguish the blaze.
Moments later the vehicle was nothing but a burned out shell. Witnesses said that there was a very strong smell of burning rubber in the air.
Gardai said that it was late in the evening with not much traffic in the area so there was not much disruption to other motorists.