Res­i­dents evac­u­ated as fire breaks out in­side laun­drette

Bray People - - NEWS FOCUS -

RES­I­DENTS OF a build­ing on Quins­boro Road had to be evac­u­ated from their homes on Fri­day night when a fire broke out in the laun­drette that was fac­ing the street.

The fire caused smoke dam­aged to the busi­ness premises and a num­ber of the flats above and the laun­drette is to be closed for two weeks.

Some fur­ni­ture was dragged out on to the street but fire fight­ers ex­tin­guished the fire be­fore it spread through­out the build­ing. The electrics in the hall­ways of the prop­erty went out and res­i­dents could not re­turn to the house un­til the fol­low­ing day.

The sign posted on the Bray Laun­drette af­ter it was dam­aged by fire.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.