GARDA DRINK SPIKE ALERT
GARDAÍ in Bray have reissued a warning to people to be vigilant in pubs, after reports of drink spiking in the area.
A woman who was out in Bray last Thursday night said that she ordered one drink at the bar, and moments later felt extremely disoriented and unwell.
She was very unsteady on her feet and had to be brought home in a taxi by a friend. The following morning she still did not feel well and was positive that her drink had been drugged. However, the woman did not report the matter to gardaí.
‘It is important to report such matters, to avoid leaving other people vulnerable,’ said Inspector Tom Finnerty of Bray Garda Station.
‘Unfortunately it tends to be if the incident escalates to sexual assault or injury that gardaí are informed.’
He added that this is by no means a Bray-specific phenomenon and that people should be cautious at all times when in bars or nightclubs across the country.
‘Never leave a drink unattended,’ he advised.