Bray man has case dismissed
BRAY man Richard O’Carroll had his case dismissed at Bray District Court last Thursday.
O’Carroll (43) 40 Giltspur Heights had denied charges of threatening and abusive behaviour as well as obstruction.
Judge David Kennedy found that he had doubt regarding the vailidity of the search. The Judge said he had carried out reesearch following O’Carroll’s appearance in court on a previous occasion.
Evidence was previously given by Garda John O’Reilly that he saw O’Carroll on the morning of January 15 at Giltspur Heights.
Garda O’Reilly said that O’Carroll was acting suspiciously, jumped a fence and ran away. He also alleged that O’Carroll shouted abuse at him.
Solicitor Brendan Maloney said on the previous date that there is ‘a long standing personal battle’ between Garda O’Reilly and O’Carroll.
He made applications to the judge, including that the garda’s decision to invoke the misuse of drugs act power to search did not reach the required grounds.