FIRE AT FLAT ON MAIN STREET

Bray People - - NEWS -

BRAY fire brigade was called to a fire at an apart­ment on Bray’s Main Street last Tuesday night at ap­prox­i­mately 9.30 p.m.

It is un­der­stood that there was an open fire in the dwelling. Gar­dai are in­ves­ti­gat­ing the cir­cum­stances sur­round­ing the cause of the blaze.

There were a num­ber of peo­ple present in the flat at the time of the fire, in­clud­ing an in­fant.

Paramedics at­tended the scene to pro­vide treat­ment there and trans­port them to hos­pi­tal.

Mul­ti­ple peo­ple were treated at scene for signs of smoke in­hala­tion be­fore be­ing trans­ported to our lo­cal Emer­gency De­part­ment for as­sess­ment.

The in­ci­dent oc­curred over the En­able Ire­land char­ity shop. There was no dam­age to the shop it­self, and fire fight­ers did not need ac­cess to it. They re­mained on site for around 90 min­utes. While they dealt with the fire quickly, they then had to en­sure that the build­ing was safe and se­cure a bro­ken win­dow.

There was some su­per­fi­cial dam­age how­ever the fire teams ar­rived quickly enough to pre­vent fur­ther dam­age.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.