1. What is the highest mountain in the British Isles? A. Ben Nevis, B. Sca Fell, C. Snowdon, D. Hellvellyn.
2. Which former viceroy of India was the great-grandson of Queen Victoria? A. Earl Snowdon, B. Earl Stansgate, C. Earl Salisbury, D. Earl Mountbatten.
3. Which British publisher founded Penguin Books? A. Sir Allen Lane, B. Sir Boris Franks, C. Sir Michael Forrester, D. Sir Thomas Irving.
4. What name is given to the growing of plants in a liquid nutrient instead of soil? A. Water seedlings, B. Hydroponics, C. Hydroplants, D. Wet nurtured.
5. Which British motorcyclist won nine world championships in the 1960s? A. Barry Sheene, B. Mike Hailwood, C. Joey Dunlop, D. Carl Fogarty.
6. What is the capital of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh? A. Bombay, B. Lucknow, C. Bangalore, D. Nagpur.
7. Which Italian film director made Accatone, The Gospel According to St Matthew and The Decameron? A. Vincente Minnelli, B. Vittorio De Sica, C. Frank Capra, D. Pier Paolo Pasolini.
8. Which director showed talent with the film Nosferatu before being tragically killed in a car crash? A. Max Ophuls, B. D.W. Griffith, C. F.W. Murnau, D. Luis Brunuel.
SOLUTIONS TO LAST WEEK’S PUB QUIZ:
1. D; 2. C; 3. B; 4. C; 5. B; 6. B; 7. A; 8. D