1. How is the scapula commonly known? A. Knee bone, B. The ribs, C. The wrist, D. Shoulder blade.
2. Which Swiss city is the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee? A. Zurich, B. Geneva, C. Berne, D. Lausanne.
3. What sort of creature is a remora?
A. A rodent, B. A snake, C. A fish,
D. A bird.
4. Which tax was introduced to the UK in the 1986 Budget to replace capitaltransfer tax?
A. Death tax, B. VAT, C. Income tax, D. Inheritance tax.
5. Which Russian poet and novelist wrote Dr Zhivago?
A. Boris Pasternak, B. Anton Chekhov,
C. Count Leo Tolstoy, D. Fyodor Dostoevsky.
6. In which country can koalas be found in the wild?
A. Australia, B. Brazil, C. Madagascar, D. Mexico.
7. What sort of organism is fly agaric? A. A chicory, B. A mushroom, C. A pear, D. A gooseberry.
8. Who became chancellor of West Germany in 1982?
A. Branko Mikulic, B. Tadeusz Mazowiecki, C. Gustav Husak, D. Helmut Kohl.
SOLUTIONS TO LAST WEEK’S PUB QUIZ:
1. C; 2. C; 3. D; 4. C; 5. B; 6. A; 7. D; 8. B.