1. Which British poet wrote the novel Sard Harker?
A. Gerard Manley Hopkins, B. Arthur Hugh Clough, C. John Masefield, D. Robert Bridges.
2. Which metal is represented by the symbol Zr?
A. Zinc, B. Silver, C. Platinum, D. Zirconium.
3. Of which Canadian province is Fredericton the capital?
A. Alberta, B. New Brunswick, C. Manitoba, D. Ontario.
4. On which river does the city of Derby stand?
A. River Thames, B. River Derwent, C. River Ouse, D. River Wharfe.
5. Which British soldier and author wrote The Seven Pillars of Wisdom?
A. TE Lawrence, B. Wilfred Owen, C. John Masefield, D. Siegfried Sassoon.
6. Which US actor starred in the films Little Caesar and Double Indemnity? A. Edward G. Robinson, B. Clark Gable, C. Wallace Beery, D. Lionel Barrymore.
7. What sort of creature is a fulmar?
A. A bird, B. A rodent, C. A fish, D. A dog.
8. Of which African country is Yaoundé the capital?
A. Nigeria, B. Ethiopia, C. Cameroon, D. Mozambique.
SOLUTIONS TO LAST WEEK’S PUB QUIZ:
1. D; 2. D; 3. C; 4. D; 5. A; 6. A; 7. B; 8. D.