The Awards Process
SPOTCHECK, the mystery shopping company, will carry out the independent measurement and adjudication of the Fingal Business Excellence & CSR Awards 2017 on behalf of Fingal Dublin Chamber. A number of key performance indicators have been created for each award and these will be measured using a combination of mystery shopping visits, mystery telephone calls and judging panels of independent experts. Step One: Return Application Form by
Friday 22nd September 2017
Entrants for all awards must complete the application form by Friday 22nd September 2017 and return it to: Fingal Dublin Business Excellence & CSR Awards, Fingal Dublin Chamber, Chamber Buildings, North Street, Swords, Co Dublin or email to: events@ fingaldublinchamber.ie. Application Forms can be downloaded from the chamber website www.fingaldublinchamber.ie
Step Two: Return Written Submissions by Friday, 6th October 2017
Written Submissions are required for the following awards:
• “JC Savage” Fingal Business Person of the Year Excellence Award
• Best Business Development and Growth Excellence Award
• Best Business Practice Excellence Award
• Best Public Service Excellence Award
• Best Sales & Marketing Business Excellence Award
• Best Small Business Excellence Award
• Best Start Up/new Business Excellence Award
• Development in People CSR Award
• Digital Marketing Excellence Award
• Innovation in Business Excellence Award
• Excellence in the Workplace Employer of the Year CSR Award
• International Trade Excellence Award
• Large Employer of the Year CSR Award
• Multinational Employer of the Year CSR Award
• Not-for-profit Organisation Excellence Award
• SME Employer of the Year CSR Award
Entrants for these awards are required to provide a written submission outlining the answers to a number of questions and include any additional information you feel will assist the judges in assessing your application.
Templates for the written submissions for each of the above awards are available by email or post from the Chamber office Tel: 8900977 or can be downloaded from the Chamber website: www.fingaldublinchamber.ie
Written submissions should be completed and 3 copies returned to Fingal Dublin Business Excellence & CSR Awards, Fingal Dublin Chamber, Chamber Buildings, North Street, Swords, Co Dublin by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 6th October 2017.
N.B. Please note that the judges are aware of the commercial sensitivity of information provided and all submitted material will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Step Three: Mystery Visits and telephone calls during September/october
Spotcheck will carry out the mystery visits during September and October to entrants for the following awards:
• Best Licensed Premises Excellence Award
• Best Place to Eat Excellence Award
• Customer Service Excellence Award - Services Sector
• Customer Service Excellence Award - Tourism & Hospitality Sector
• Customer Service Retail Excellence Award - Independent Sector
• Customer Service Retail Excellence Award - Multiple Sector
• Retail Premises Excellence Award
Step Four: Assessment of Entries
Panels of expert independent judges will assess the written submission entries. Results for all awards will be collated and all entrants will be notified. A shortlist for each award will be selected to go forward to the finals at the Gala Awards Presentation Evening. All shortlisted finalists must attend the Gala Awards Presentation Evening to be eligible to win an Award.
With regards to the “JC Savage” Fingal Business Person of the Year Excellence Award, a special panel of judges from the Fingal Region will be assembled to assess the entries and the winner will be announced at the Gala Awards Presentation Evening.
Step Five: Gala Awards Presentation Evening – Friday 10th November 2017
The Gala Awards Presentation Evening will take place in the Crowne Plaza Dublin Northwood Hotel in Santry Demesne on Friday, 10th November 2017. The evening starts with a Drinks Reception at 6:30 pm followed by Dinner and the Presentation of Awards at 7:30 pm. The Host for the black-tie evening will be Marty Whelan.
Tickets for this prestigious black-tie evening can be booked in advance and cost €130.00 (incl. Vat) per person. Tables of ten can also be booked for what is always a very special night of celebration for the business community. Tickets can be booked by contacting the Chamber Office on 8900977 or by downloading the booking form on www.fingaldublinchamber.ie
Dates to Remember
• Friday 22nd September 2017
All application forms must be returned
• Friday 6th October 2017 Written submissions returned
• Friday 10th November 2017
Gala Awards Presentation Evening