1. Which statesman who presided over Athens’ golden age is the subject of a play by Shakespeare?
A. Pericles, B. Lucrece, C. Adonis, D. Troilus.
2. Which plucked stringed instrument has a body in the shape of a half pear?
A. Lute, B. Banjo, C. Guitar, D. Mandolin.
3. Who wrote the book Mein Kampf?
A. Joseph Stalin, B. Heinrich Himmler, C. Adolf Hitler, D. Joseph Goebbels.
4. Which American Civil War general became the 18th President of the United States?
A. Abraham Lincoln, B. Andrew Johnson, C. James A. Garfield, D. Ulysses S Grant.
5. Which underground plant stem is sometimes known as a rootstock?
A. Capsicum, B. Rhizome, C. Eryngium, D. Lilium.
6. Of which US state is Boise the capital?
A. Idaho, B. Wyoming, C. Oregon, D. Montana.
7. Which Irish Rugby Union player captained the British Lions team that was unbeaten on its 1974 tour of South Africa?
A. Willie John Smith, B. Willie John Patrick, C. Willie John Mcbride, D. William John Douglas.
8. What name is given to the roof of the mouth?
A. The tongue, B. The gums, C. The teeth, D. The palate.