1. Which impressionist played Spock in TV’S Preston Front?
A. Rory Bremner, B. Alistair Mcgowan, C. Harry Enfield, D. Michael Mitchell.
2. Which Italian criminologist put forward the theory that criminals could be recognised by certain physical characteristics?
A. Cesare Puccini, B. Cesare Lombroso, C. Cesare Rossi, D. Cesare Camanelli.
3. What is it called when a writer uses more words than is necessary? A. Metaphor, B. Instress, C. Hendiadys, D. Pleonasm.
4. Which large aquatic bird belongs to the genus Cygnus?
A. Heron, B. Swan, C. Canada goose, D. Flamingo.
5. Which famous public school was described in Thomas Hughes’s novel Tom Brown’s Schooldays?
A. Eaton, B. Harrow, C. Rugby, D. Stamford.
6. What is the SI unit of electrical charge?
A. Watt, B. Volt, C. Tesla, D. Coulomb.
7. In which year did Margaret Thatcher first become prime minister of Great Britain?
A. 1980, B. 1979, C. 1981, D. 1978.
8. Who starred as the eccentric factory owner in the 1971 children’s fantasy Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? A. Jack Albertson, B. Mel Brooks, C. Kirk Douglas, D. Gene Wilder.
SOLUTIONS TO LAST WEEK’S PUB QUIZ:
1.A; 2.D; 3.C; 4.A; 5.A; 6.B; 7.C; 8. B.