En­tre­pre­neur in­ves­ti­gated over miss­ing €4m has as­sets frozen

Irish Daily Mail - - News - By Paul Caf­frey

A MIL­LION­AIRE busi­ness­man sus­pected of tak­ing al­most €4mil­lion from char­i­ties world­wide be­fore dis­ap­pear­ing is still in a Swiss jail, the High Court has heard.

Peter Con­lon, who ran on­line char­ity donations plat­form Pem­broke Dy­namic, will re­main sub­ject to freez­ing or­ders on his as­sets for two months while the miss­ing money is in­ves­ti­gated, a judge or­dered yes­ter­day.

The court heard there had been dif­fi­cul­ties serv­ing Mr Con­lon, of St Mary’s Road, Balls­bridge, Dublin 4, with le­gal doc­u­ments for the case as they need to be trans­lated into Ger­man first as Mr Con­lon is in Switzer­land.

Ger­ard Mee­han, for Pem­broke, said the firm was in the process of try­ing to serve Mr Con­lon, who’s be­ing held in a re­mand prison in Switzer­land, with case pa­pers.

Mr Mee­han said the doc­u­ments needed to be trans­lated into Ger­man ‘to get the as­sis­tance of the Swiss au­thor­i­ties’ in serv­ing Mr Con­lon.

Judge Caro­line Costello ad­journed the case until July 12.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.