Feed your face with a serum
These potent powders must be activated with water in order to release their glow-giving powers, says
DID you know that some skincare products are a lot like vegetables? Hear me out on this one...
In the same way you should steam carrots instead of boiling them in water to preserve the vitamin content, some formulas are packed with powerful, but delicate nutrients that have to be kept dry to maintain their potency.
These powder-based serums need to be mixed with liquid so that the vitamins and actives can penetrate your skin and deliver maximum benefits.
And the benefits can be truly remarkable. Use an activated product as a temporary booster treatment over a few weeks and you can expect to see a clearer, calmer and altogether brighter complexion.
So keep munching on those veggies to soothe your skin from the inside, and complement your five-a-day with a pick from this nutritious selection...
1. No7 Youthful Vitamin C Fresh Radiance Essence, €25, Boots
New from the ever-reliable No7, this twice-daily serum, which contains 5% vitamin C, has had impressive clinical trial results: after two weeks, 91% of women said their skin looked more radiant.
2. Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C, €70, Brown Thomas
With 10% vitamin C, this is the highest concentration of any product from the brand. One vial gives you seven days of serum (to be mixed with your regular moisturiser), so it never loses its glow-giving potency.
3. Sarah Chapman Stem Cell Collagen Activator Duo, €178.80, www.Feelunique.com
Focusing on firming and smoothing, this dual formula mixes powdered stem cells with a peptide-rich serum, the pair combining to boost collagen production.
4. The Body Shop Vitamin C 10 Day Glow Boosting Concentrate, €26.50
Drop the vitamin C powder into the an aloe vera-rich serum to create a super-strength booster, but be sure to use it within a week when the actives are at their peak.
5. Diptyque Radiance Boosting Powder, €45, diptyqueparis.eu
Mix this powder with water in your palm to create a gently exfoliating cleanser that comes with added nutrient extras by way of rose petals and jasmine.
6. Bath Spa Skincare Rejuvenating Powder Serum, €36 approx, bathspaskincare.co.uk
Packed with vitamins and minerals, this powder, which can be mixed with any moisturiser, promotes younger-looking skin.
7. Odylique 3 in 1 Maca Mask, €24, www.feeluniuqe.com
With vitamins derived from Baobab fruit, this clay-based mask soothes and revitalises at the same time, and can be mixed with water or natural yoghurt.
8. Perricone MD Advanced Renewal Infusion Serum, €240 approx, perriconemd.co.uk
If pigmentation is your primary concern, you’ll love the brightening effects of oxyreservatrol, which is found in this small, but mighty solution.
9. Medik8 White Balance Click Oxy-R, €55.50, www.zest.ie
Delivering an intense burst of hydration via a patented hydrogenbased Energy Complex, this fourweek treatment should be used a few times a year when your skin needs it most.