Test your Cheltenham knowledge...
1. Coneygree landed the Gold Cup as a novice in 2015, but which was the last horse to complete the feat before him and in what year?
2. This year is the 10th anniversary of Kauto Star’s first Gold Cup success. Exotic Dancer was second, but can you name the horse that was third?
3. Thirty years ago See You Then won the third of his Champion Hurdles, beating which American jumping great into second?
4. Three horses dominated the Champion Hurdle from 1976 to 1981. Name the trio that each won two renewals. 5. Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh teamed up for how many winners on the opening day in 2016?
6. Which jockey won three consecutive runnings of the Arkle in the early 1990s?
7. Which Enda Bolger-trained horse won the first running of the Cross Country Chase?
8. Name Nina Carberry’s (above) first winner at the Festival? 9. Which horse provided Tony McCoy with the first of his three Arkle successes?
10. How many Cheltenham Festivals has Cue Card run in?
11. How many times has leading owner JP McManus won the Champion Hurdle?
12. Only one horse not trained in Ireland won on the Thursday of the meeting last year - name him?
13. Name the first Britishtrained horse home in the Ryanair Chase last year?
14. Nicky Henderson is the all-time top trainer at the Festival. How many is he in front of Willie Mullins?
15. Name trainer Gordon Elliott’s first winner at the Festival?
16. Paul Nicholls has been crowned champion trainer at the meeting six times. What was the last year he triumphed in?
17. What is the best total of winners achieved by Willie Mullins at a single Festival?
18. Name Barry Geraghty’s first Cheltenham Festival winner?
19. Ruby Walsh’s 50th Festival winner came last year, on which horse?
20. Aside from Messrs Walsh, Geraghty and Johnson, which jockey is well clear of the rest in the current top riders’ list?