Irish Independent - Health & Living - - UPDATE DID YOU -

Mem­bers of the pub­lic can now en­sure that their dietitian, speech ther­a­pist or speech and lan­guage ther­a­pist is reg­is­tered by check­ing the health reg­u­la­tor CORU web­site at

Only those who have ap­plied or reg­is­tered with CORU, Ire­land’s mul­ti­pro­fes­sion health reg­u­la­tor, are en­ti­tled to prac­tise us­ing these ti­tles.

They can only be reg­is­tered af­ter pro­vid­ing proof of their education, qual­i­fi­ca­tions and train­ing.

It means that CORU can run fit­ness to prac­tise hear­ings into the con­duct and com­pe­tence of the pro­fes­sion­als who are reg­is­tered with the body.

A dietitian is a health pro­fes­sional who has a Bach­e­lor’s de­gree spe­cial­is­ing in foods and nu­tri­tion, as well as a pe­riod of prac­ti­cal train­ing in a hos­pi­tal and a com­mu­nity set­ting.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.