Supersize your routine
If you have any health queries for Dr Nina Byrnes,
please email Please note that
Dr Nina cannot enter into
To step up your level of training without spending hours in the gym — which is completely unnecessary — try doing super sets, which simply means using two exercises per body part. This will shock the muscles into action, especially with no rest in between sets.
You may not be able to use your normal weight, as moving fast will tire out the body parts quickly. As pressure is increased with no rest for fat burning, keep repetitions to 15 reps for three sets; for weight gain, go for 10 reps, three sets.
1. Bench press combined with incline press
2. Biceps curls with triceps press down
3. Dumbbell press with side laterals
4. Pullover and pec deck
5. Dumbbell rowing and pull downs
6. Squats and leg extension
7. Calf raises and stretch
8. Crunches and hanging leg raises
9. Five-minute cool down on the bike or cross trainer
The best results are achieved with no rest in between sets. A training partner can be a great help. Try this workout for at least a month.
Sales of anti-acid medication have increased by 70pc. This can be down to stress levels increasing in the workplace and the huge increase in fast-food consumption. Of these three food groups, which affects acid reflux? See if you know the answer:
1. Indian food;
2. European food;
3. Bread, cakes, and biscuits? The answer is: bread, cakes and biscuits. Stodgy foods are a contributing factor in increasing acid levels. Drinking liquid with your meals is also bad, as it does not give your body a chance to naturally digest your food.
Also eating while standing or working or sitting at your desk on the computer is not a good idea. You need time and no distraction to enjoy and digest your food, considering it takes at least three hours to digest your meal.
Give your body a chance to do its work. If acid reflux results, see your doctor. Use real sticks of liquorice, which will help tremendously with the problem, and cut down on sugary drinks and junk food.