Dis­ney chief shrugs off hack threat

Irish Sunday Mirror - - STYLE ON SUNDAY - BY JAMES WARD

CEO Bob Iger DIS­NEY’S CEO has de­nied claims that hack­ers had some of their up­com­ing films as “empty threats”.

Bob Iger said re­ports their un­re­leased movies had been pi­rated were com­pletely false.

It’s be­lieved hack­ers were boast­ing to have ob­tained the lat­est Pi­rates Of The Caribbean movie, Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Mr Iger told Ya­hoo: “We had a threat of a hack of a movie be­ing stolen.

“We de­cided to take it se­ri­ously, but not re­act in the man­ner in which the per­son who was threat­en­ing us had re­quired.”

Iger added that the stu­dio does not “be­lieve that it was real” and “noth­ing has hap­pened” re­gard­ing the threats the hack­ing group made.

DE­NIAL

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.