Feast of music andsongatthe Ennis Centre
A feast of Irish and international music, dance and cinema is coming to the Piper’s Garden at The Seamus Ennis Arts Centre in the idyllic village of Naul, North Co. Dublin.
Internationally acclaimed musicians Hudson Taylor with Wyvern Lingo, Rodney Crowell and Usher’s Island will feature as part of this Summer series.
Audiences will also be treated to three incredible dance and live music events. Hit the dance floor to fantastic live music by the masters of Ragtime, Dixieland and Early Swing, The California Feetwarmers, Ceili Mor with The Johnny Reidy Band and Latin rhythms meets traditional Irish music with Baile An Salsa.
Music and dance is also a feature for a special 40th anniversary outdoor screening of Grease followed by live music that same night by Riley & The Moonrockers.
• Sunday July 15th: The California Feetwarmers is the band that Keb’ Mo’ sought out to provide an air of authenticity when he recorded his latest album, BluesAmericana. The collaboration won them a Grammy-nomination in the Best American Roots Performance category.
• Friday 20th July: Usher’s Island – featuring original members of Planxty and The Bothy Band the five names in this group read like a nominations list for an Irish traditional music hall of fame; Dónal Lunny, Andy Irvine, Paddy Glackin, Michael McGoldrick and John Doyle.
• Saturday July 28th – Outdoor Cinema Day • afternoon: Bring the kids and catch a classic Saturday matinee. • evening: 40th anniversary screening of Grease followed by live music from Riley & The Moonrockers. This band’s energetic live show has been entertaining audiences all over Ireland, the UK and Europe. They have had the pleasure of performing with legends such as Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry.
• Saturday 29th July: Rodney Crowell is an American country singer-songwriter with 10 Grammy nominations and 2 wins to his name. He has had five number one singles on Hot Country Songs, all from his 1988 album “Diamonds & Dirt”. He has also written songs and produced for other artists. Rodney’s special guest will be the critically acclaimed Matt McGinn.
• Saturday 11th August: Céilí Mór featuring The Johnny Reidy Band. Dancers can look forward a very lively selection of Reels, Jigs, Polkas and Hornpipes.
• Saturday 25th August: Baile An Salsa brings together an international mix of world-class musicians to deliver a distinctive musical style which they call “Salsa-Trad”. For their latest album, Ériú, they teamed up with five-time Grammy Award winning producer, Walter Flores, and six-time Grammy winner, mastering engineer Felipe Tichaeur.
• Friday 31st August: Hudson Taylor plus special guests Wyvern Lingo.