As­sault case ad­journed

The Argus - - NEWS -

A man who was con­victed of as­sault­ing a woman, caus­ing her harm, in Dun­dalk nearly two years ago had his case ad­journed at the dis­trict court last week af­ter the judge was told the Pro­ba­tion Ser­vice is con­sid­er­ing him for a pro­gramme they run.

Fran­cis Trim­ble, (38), 12 Farn­dreg, Dun­dalk, pleaded guilty to as­sault caus­ing harm to a woman on the Car­rick Road on Au­gust 3 2014. The case had been ad­journed to last week where solic­i­tor Peter Lav­ery told Judge Flann Bren­nan his col­league, Judge Conal Gib­bons, had heard the case last year. The de­fen­dant had been re­manded on con­tin­u­ing bail for a pro­ba­tion re­port to be pre­pared, which, Mr Lav­ery said, was avail­able.

Mr Lav­ery said the dates for the Pro­ba­tion Ser­vice-run pro­gramme, for which Trim­ble’s suit­abil­ity is to be as­sessed, are not yet avail­able. The solic­i­tor said he had spo­ken to the pro­ba­tion of­fi­cer be­fore court that morn­ing and he was sug­gest­ing that the case goes back to Judge Gib­bons.

The court was told that Trim­ble needs to be as­sessed for the course and Judge Bren­nan ad­journed the case to March 15.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.