Jimmy Fal­lon says no to Os­cars

The Irish Times - Friday - The Ticket - - News -

We al­ready have some anti-news con­cern­ing the 2013 Os­cars. It seems Jimmy Fal­lon is not pre­sent­ing the cer­e­mony. Ru­mours had been cir­cu­lat­ing that the comic was the Academy’s first choice to host the awards. Last week Fal­lon ad­mit­ted that an of­fer had been made, but he had turned it down. “No, I’m not go­ing to do the Os­cars,” he said. “It’s an hon­our to be asked, but it’s not my year.”

It looks as if the or­gan­is­ers are try­ing to find some­body who is youngish, but not so young that he or she fright­ens the grey­beards. At 37, Mr Fal­lon seemed to meet those cri­te­ria nicely.

dclarke@irish­times.com

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.