Donald Clarke’s Weekly Movie Quiz
Dorothy 1. In which have classic adventures did with a dumb scarecrow and a cowardly lion?
2. The title character of which film had colleagues called Brian Fantana, Brick Tamland, Champ Kind and Veronica Corningstone?
3. Identify the movie star in drag at the 2011 Oscars.
4. Which Irish-American heroine lived at Tara in the great state of Georgia?
5. What repetition is suggested by the directors of Jaws and Erin Brockovich, and the stars of Dead Man Walking and Basic Instinct?
6. What links Nicole Kidman’s first Oscar, Elizabeth Taylor’s second Oscar and a time-travelling, gender-bending Tilda Swinton?
7. Who is the only person to have won an Oscar for playing an Oscar-winner?
8. Why might the end of Withnail and I, an Ernst Lubitsch film remade s by Mel Brooks and Robin Williams in heaven make you think of The Lion King?
9. What links (in this order) The Counsellor, Avatar, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet?
10. Why might consideration of Verbal Kint, Jim Garrison, Silent Bob and Cole Porter make you think of a Lynne Ramsay film?