Have I got fake news for you
1. One of these news stories is fake – which one?
a) Scientists have developed an enzyme that eats plastic. b) A man wants to bill his wife for costs of accommodating his “disruptive” mother-in-law. c) The producers of Star Wars have applied to use Newgrange as a location for the movie franchise’s next instalment. d) TDs and Senators who don’t pay their Dáil bar tabs will have them deducted from their wages.
2. Which of these terms appeared most often on irishtimes. com last week?
a) Air strikes. b) Comey. c) INM. d) Scouting. 3. Who is this? 4. Who said this and who were they referring to? “He impressed me as a witness. He had substantive material. He made it clear to me he wasn’t leaking to the media or looking for notoriety.”
5. One of these figures is off the mark. Which one?
a) Government spending is set to rise by ¤2.6bn next year. b) Gardaí overstated sex crimes by 26%. c) Starbucks is closing 8,000 of its US stores for a half day to hold racial-bias education for its employees. d) The founders of Cairn Homes received a share allocation of ¤6.14m in 2017.
6. Fill in this headline:Young people urged to check ----
a) Exam results. b) Voting register. c) CAO points. d) Facebook accounts.
7. Which Irish builder has won the contract to finish five schools following the collapse of British construction firm Carillion?
a) BAM. b) John Paul Construction. c) PM Group. d) Crampton.
8. Irish country music legend Big Tom died this week aged 81. What was the original name of his band?
a) The Mainline Boys. b) The Magnificent Mainliners. c) The Mighty Mainliners. d) McBride & the Mainliners.
9. Which sector has the most absenteeism due to health issues, according to research by the ESRI and HSA?
a) Health. b) Education. c) Law enforcement. d) Revenue.
10. Former US first lady Barbara Bush has died aged 92. What was the nickname given to her by her family?
a) The Beloved b) The Enforcer c) The Queen B d) The Instigator