Have I got fake news for you
1. One of these news stories is fake – which one?
a) A monkey has been granted copyright of a selfie it took b) A Chinese family hired a stand-in for their deceased daughter to spare her grandmother the grief c) Women who drink coffee while pregnant are more likely to have obese children d) A shop in Co Louth has honoured a gift voucher bought 23 years ago
2. Which of these terms appeared most often on irishtimes.com last week?
a) Macron b) Water c) Bonus d) Liverpool
3. Who is this?
4. Who said this?
“It’s very important to recognise that there are different categories of boom and bust cycles. What happened in Ireland and Spain was a classic plain vanilla real estate boom-bust cycle.” a) Davy chief economist Conal Mac Coille b) Central Bank head Philip Lane c) Bank of England governor Mark Carney d) IMF head Christine Lagarde
5. One of these figures is off the mark. Which one?
a) A bad Brexit deal will see North’s grocery bills rise by 30 per cent b) Irish patients have been denied access to nine new drugs, mostly cancer therapies, due to pricing c) The HSE deficit is set to reach ¤100m for the first quarter d) Libraries in Dublin issued more than ¤360,000 in fines for overdue books in 2017
6. What links these four people?
a) National Ploughing Association director Anna May McHugh b) Former minister Alan Shatter c) TV scriptwriter Stefanie Preissner d) Blindboy Boatclub from The Rubberbandits
7. A new statue was unveiled in London’s Parliament Square, the first monument honouring a woman in this public space. Who is it?
a) Education campaigner Frances Buss b) Suffragette leader Emmeline Pankhurst c) Feminist leader Millicent Fawcett d) Social reformer and National Trust co-founder Octavia Hill
8. Irish singing priest Fr Ray Kelly impressed the Britain’s Got Talent judges with his rendition of which song?
a) Hallelujah b) Take Me to Church c) Chasing Cars d) Everybody Hurts
9. Ryanair has announced new routes from where?
a) Slovenia b) Bosnia and Herzegovina c) Macedonia d) Montenegro
10. Which lucky Irish band have been chosen to support The Rolling Stones at Croke Park on May 17th?
a) Otherkin b) The Coronas c) The Academic d) Walking on Cars