1. A. Renua leader John Leahy has said he’d be open to Casey joining the party, but stressed that he was not planning to relinquish the leadership yet, and besides, Casey would have to be an elected representative before he could take over as leader.
2. A. Fires were the big news with 1,690 mentions as Halloween night bonfires burned. The upcoming US midterm elections came second with 683. The so called immigrant caravan making its way to the US border merited 203 mentions, while Donald Trump’s plan to abolish birthright citizenship got 191 mentions.
3. Brazil’s new far-right president Jair Bolsonaro.
4. D. It’s actually 15.1 per cent, but it’s still a big drop from the 00s baby boom.
5. B. 6. A. 7. B. 8. C. The other three have been put forward as candidates to have a new bridge in Cork named after them. 9. A. 10. D.