Have I got fake news for you
1. One of these news stories is fake – which one?
(a) A man has died as a result of eating a slug eight years ago.
(b) Bill Gates brandished a jar of poo at an expo in China.
(c) The founder of the internet has condemned his creation as a dystopia.
(d) The North is to get new banknotes made of recycled wet wipes.
2. Which of these words appeared most often on irishtimes.com last week?
(a) Tyrrelstown (b) No-deal Brexit (c) Web Summit (d) Democrats
3. Who is this statue supposed to be?
(a) Leo Sayer (b) Art Garfunkel (c) Mohamed Salah (d) Marv from Home Alone
4. One of these figures is off the mark. Which one?
(a) Skin cancer deaths among Irish men have doubled in 30 years.
(b) More than 20,000 fathers have taken a two-week paternity leave payment since it was introduced in 2016.
(c) Only 60 affordable home loans have been drawn down despite more than 1,000 applicants for the scheme.
(d) One in 10 gardaí may have stress disorder.
5. Fill in this headline: Parents urged not to buy _______ for children at Christmas
(a) Smartphones (b) PlayStations (c) Quad bikes (d) Tattoos
6. What did outgoing HSE head Tony O’Brien compare Minister for Health Simon Harris to?
(a) A frightened little boy. (b) A nappy-headed lollygagger. (c) A rabbit in the headlights. (d) A toddler playing doctors and nurses.
7. How did The Spice Girls (minus Posh) announce they were reforming for a world tour?
(a) Press conference in Piccadilly Circus. (b) Surprise appearance on Graham Norton. (c) Mock news bulletin. (d) Crashing Victoria Beckham’s fashion show.
8. Which of France’s overseas territories just voted to remain a part of France?
(a) French Guyana (b) New Caledonia (c) Saint-Martin (d) Guadeloupe
9. Which age-old debate has been settled by Oasis singer Liam Gallagher?
(a) The Beatles v The Rolling Stones (b) Tayto v Walkers (c) Marvel v DC (d) Friends v Frasier
10. Collins Dictionary has announced its word of 2018. What is it?
(a) Gaslight (b) Plogging (c) Single-use (d) #MeToo