Man killed by ex­plod­ing e-cig­a­rette

The Irish Times - - World News -

An elec­tronic cig­a­rette ex­ploded and killed a man in Florida this month, in what ap­pears to be the first death at­trib­uted to va­p­ing prod­ucts in the US.

The man, Tall­madge D’Elia (35) was at his home in St Pe­ters­burg, Florida, on May 5th when his e-cig­a­rette ex­ploded, ac­cord­ing to Wil­liam A Pel­lan of the med­i­cal ex­am­iner’s of­fice for Pinel­las County.

He con­firmed the cause of death was a “pro­jec­tile wound to the head,” and that Mr D’Elia had suf­fered burns on about 80 per cent of his body. It ap­peared the ex­plo­sion had started a fire in the bed­room where he was found.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.