Ex­cit­ing week­end in the League

The Sligo Champion - - SPORT -

CALRY Bohs came close to send­ing shock waves through the Great South­ern Ho­tel Sligo Su­per League with an impressive dis­play at home to cur­rent cham­pi­ons Car­bury FC at Hazel­wood.

Car­bury lost the ser­vices of John Gaffney three min­utes from half time when he was sent off by ref­eree Thomas Oates for a sec­ond book­able of­fence.

The game sprung into live five min­utes into the sec­ond half when Ibrahim Sav­age opened his ac­count.

Calry Bohs re­mained com­posed and were re­warded on sixty min­utes when Paul Lo­gan rat­tled home the equaliser past Danny O’Leary in the Car­bury goals.

The goals were now com­ing thick and fast five min­utes later and Calry Bohs went ahead with a sub­lime goal from Johnny Arm­strong.

Then on 70 min­utes a hotly dis­puted penalty was awarded to Car­bury and Ibra­ham Sav­age dis­patched the spot kick past Mc Der­mott in the Calry Bohs goals.

A few min­utes later Ibrahim Sav­age struck the de­ci­sive killer goal and his hat trick that se­cured all three points for the Cham­pi­ons but make no mis­take about Calry Bohs will on this form be hard beaten

Strand Celtic in sec­ond place hit eight past Bal­ly­mote at Strand­hill but in fair­ness to the vis­i­tors it would have been a dif­fer­ent story had Gra­ham Lee the Strand Celtic net min­der not been in such bril­liant form.

Lee Mar­shall net­ted a hat trick, Matthew Con­lon Oates scored twice with Paul Devins Gary Melly and Paddy McDer­mott each scor­ing once for Strand.

Jack Hever scored both goals for Bal­ly­mote Celtic.

Ar­row Harps in third place on the leader board won at home in River­stown by the odd goal in three against Bal­liso­dare United who took the lead through Andrew Pat­ton ten min­utes into the sec­ond half. Ar­row Harps were level ten min­utes later when Sea­mus Hail­stones fired home the equaliser and 14 min­utes from time Daniel Wil­lis struck the vi­tal win­ning goal for Ar­row Harps. Leitrim King­pins Manor Rangers wel­comed Bal­ly­gaw­ley Celtic to theBeePark Manorhamilton.

The vis­i­tors took the lead on 22 min­utes with a fine ef­fort from Char­lie Ward find­ing the Manor net. But Manor Rangers field­ing a very young side hit back with a dou­ble salvo from Sea­mus Ry­der and a third from Martin McGuin­ness that wrapped up all three points for a ju­bi­lant Manor Rangers.

St John’s en­ter­tained Aughanagh at the As­tro in Clever­agh in a tense game.

St John’s were a man down four min­utes into the sec­ond half when Bart Folan who had scored for St John’s re­ceived a straight red from ref­eree Colm Gun­ning for a reck­less chal­lenge.

Aughanagh Celtic were lead­ing by four goals to one thanks to dou­ble strikes from Der­mott Beg­gan and Paul McTier­nan.

But St John’s fought back and Malachy Spratt scored twice to bring the home side within a goal of the vis­i­tors with ten min­utes re­main­ing.

But Aughanagh held firm and Nigel Har­gadon net­ted their fifth to put the game be­yond St John’s.

North Sligo League lead­ers Clif­foney Celtic had their wings clipped in The Andrew Mul­lens Sligo Pal­lets Premier League on their visit to Forthill.

They were held to a score­less draw by the vastly im­prov­ing Glen­view Stars.

Three clubs are sep­a­rated only by goal dif­fer­ence in sec­ond place all hit­ting big num­bers.

Merville United hit Chaff­pool United for five without re­ply at Maugher­aboy.

New kid on the block Ryan Mc Manus scored a hat trick, bring­ing his league tally to nine with Gra­ham Ir­win and Jor­dan Harte adding the rest.

MCR recorded a sim­i­lar re­sult at Sean Fal­lon Park against Real Tub­ber, Joe Cobbe scor­ing twice, Keith Nibbs, Ciaran Har­vey and Stephen Hal­la­han all on the mark for MCR.

Cartron United trav­elled to Dro­more Villa who fielded a very young side and Cartron ran out four nil win­ners with goals from Justin Cur­ran, Colin Fee­hily, Enda McGowan and Sean Con­dron.

A good re­sult for Cartron but also a fine dis­play from a very young and ex­cit­ing Dro­more Villa.

Ben­bul­ben FC move into fifth place win­ning at home in Grange by the odd goal three against Gur­teen Celtic.

David Shep­ard put Gur­teen Celtic ahead on 16 min­utes with Ben­bul­ben draw­ing level ten min­utes later courtesy of Donal Gal­lagher.

Ben­bul­ben struck the cru­cial win­ning goal nine min­utes be­fore the break when Sean Gil­martin fired home a glo­ri­ous goal that in the end se­cured all three points for the Grange Boys.

Kenny Mee­han and Niall Colsh of Bal­ly­mote Celtic in ac­tion Strand Celtic’s Adam Hynes. IN­SET: Bal­ly­mote Celtic’s Colin Duffy and Fer­gal O’Hara of Strand Celtic. Pics: Carl Bren­nan.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Ireland

© PressReader. All rights reserved.