Monetti since 1904
The turn of the 20th century saw the opening of the first ‘Monetti’ store at its historic headquarters in via Santa Brigida. Its founder Guglielmo senior, a qualified technician watchmaker and afar-sighted pioneer of his times, defied public opinion by believing in the water-resistant properties of Rolex watches, an intuition that resulted in the establishment of the Monetti-Rolex partnership, a tradition perpetuated since 1932.
Over time, Monetti also began selling other coveted watch brands and, in 1968, Giuglielmo junior began to make a name for himself in the world of high-class jewelry, not only by developing his own designs but also by partnering with renowned goldsmiths like Pomellato.
Today, Monetti’s two Naples-based stores in via Dei Mille and via Santa Brigida are still considered a reference point in the city’s historical and commercial tradition.