ISAAC ASIMOV’S SUPER QUIZ
Take this Super Quiz to a PhD Score one point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, two points on the Graduate Level and three points on the PhD Level.
(eg, Who led the losing side at the Battle of the Little Bighorn? Answer: George Armstrong Custer.)
1. Who said, “Dr. Livingstone, I presume”? 2. Who famously flew the Spirit of St Louis?
3. Name the famous gladiator who led a slave revolt against the Romans.
4. Which country’s legislature is named the Knesset? 5. What Act did the Supreme Court uphold in June 2015? 6. Which was the last of the contiguous states to join the Union?
7. Fortune ranked him No. 1 in its 2014 list of 50 greatest leaders. 8. Which famous person was found guilty and executed in 399 BC? 9. Who was queen of England for just nine days in 1553?
ANSWERS FOR SAT, NOV 5
1. Henry Morton Stanley 2. Charles Lindbergh 3. Spartacus 4. Israel 5. Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) 6. Arizona 7. Pope Francis 8. Socrates 9. Lady Jane Grey.
18 points — congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points — honours graduate; 10 to 14 points — you’re plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points — you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points — enrol in remedial courses immediately; 0 points — who reads the questions to you?