ISAAC ASIMOV’S SUPER QUIZ
TakeEthis SEuper QFuiz to a PhD. Score one point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, two points on the Graduate Level and three points on the PhD Level.
SUBJECT: REST IN PEACE
Name the person who was buried with the given item(s). Initials are provided. (e.g., A 9 1/2-inch-long whale tooth, engraved with the presidential seal. (J.F.K.) Answer: John F. Kennedy.)
1. A whistle inscribed with “If you want anything, just whistle.” (H.B.)
2. A black cape worn for his roles as Count Dracula. (B.L.)
3. Three cigars in his pocket. (G.B.)
4. A packet of letters from his beloved mother, Cecilia Weiss. (H.H.)
5. A bottle of Jack Daniel’s whiskey. (F.S.)
6. Assorted chocolates. (R.D.)
7. A pipe and a tobacco box. (W.R.)
8. A pocket score of Gustav Mahler’s Fifth Symphony. (L.B.)
9. A copy of “The Collected Poems of Dylan Thomas.” (R.B.)
ANSWERS FOR WEDNESDAY, MAY 27
1. Summit. 2. Hammer. 3. Common.
4. Mammal. 5. Summon. 6. Simmer.
7. Pommel. 8. Commit. 9. Dimmer.
18 points – congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points – honours graduate; 10 to 14 points – you’re plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points – you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points – enrol in remedial courses immediately; 0 points – who reads the questions to you?