Embu man, 74, dies in house fire

The Star (Kenya) - - Counties Eastern -

A 74-year-old man died af­ter his house caught fire at Gacage vil­lage in Embu East. Joan­ina Njoki said her hus­band Se­bas­tian Mbaka was in the house on Tues­day when the in­ferno started. He was burnt beyond recog­ni­tion. She said her hus­band died as she watched, as she could not help be­cause of the rag­ing fires. Njoki said she had just pre­pared sup­per for her hus­band af­ter re­turn­ing from a visit to her ail­ing son Fran­cis Mu­gendi, 35. The son is hos­pi­talised at the Embu Level Five Hos­pi­tal. Mbaka de­cided to take sup­per at their bed­room, as she took sup­per to her four grand­chil­dren. On com­ing back, she no­ticed smoke bel­low­ing from the house. All prop­erty was de­stroyed.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Kenya

© PressReader. All rights reserved.