CELEBRATIONS TO MARK MAHATMA GANDHI DAY
October 2 marks the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Since 2007, this day is also celebrated as the International Day of Non-Violence.
On Monday evening, the India High Commission hosted a commemoration event at the University of Nairobi where Kenya School of Law director
PLO Lumumba gave the keynote address.
Present were Ethiopia high commissioner Dina Mufti, his Rwanda counterpart James
Kimonyo as well as Indian High Commissioner Suchitra Durai and industrialist Dr Manu Chandaria.
1. UoN vice chancellor Peter Mbithi with Oman ambasador Saleh Alharthi.
2. Unon director general Sahle-Work Zewde. 3. East FM Shamin Allu, Manku Singh and director Sangeeta Patel. 4. Indian high commissioner Suchitra Durai with DVC, Research Production and Extension Professor Lucy Irungu.
5. Ethiopian high commissioner Dina Mufti with his Rwandese counterpart James Kimonyo.
6. Kenya School of Law director Professor PLO Lumumba.
7. Industrialist Dr Manu Chandaria with UoN chancellor Dr Vijoo Rattansi.